If you need some more motivation to make that call.
Impeachment will bring a lot of glossed over facts into the public eye, like Trump asking his lawyer to get rid of Mueller. Also Manafort giving polling data to Russians.
It won’t help trump’s re-election chances in 2020 if it fails. Clinton’s acquittal in Feb 1999 was followed by Bush winning the presidency. Clinton didn’t even get an approval bump after it.
Every President who has been impeached (including Nixon’s likely impeachment) resulted in the opposition party winning the presidency. Democrat Johnson was followed by Republican Grant. Republican Nixon was followed by Democrat Carter. Democrat Clinton was followed by Republican Bush.
3. Trump’s name needs to go on the list of impeached presidents. He’s far worse than most. The narrative from people not paying attention will be “if he’s so bad why wasn’t he impeached like Clinton?” The majority of voters are not political news addicts. But they’ll all hear the word “impeachment” and some may decide to move on from all the smoke and chaos in their country when it’s time to vote.
4. Nixon had high approval ratings when impeachment talk started. The pretrial hearings brought out the facts to the public eye and everyone turned on him.
5. Raising the likelihood of prosecution after he’s out of office, or his children, may cause him to cut a deal to leave office.
6. There’s still a chance of conviction. People may turn on their senators once all the facts are blown up and a case is made. Nixon’s impeachment talk started when he had high approval ratings.
7. Barr’s word shouldn’t be the final say on this. He’s proven to be a cover-up artist.
8. It needs to be established that improper actions will be fought against to the fullest extent to deter future candidates from trying to steal elections.
9. Impeachment will be open to other issues that Mueller’s investigation was not like emoluments violations, conduct unbecoming of the presidency, tax violations, campaign finance violations, paying off pornstars to influence an election, wasting tax payer dollars on personal trips and benefiting financially from them, siding with Russia over US intelligence, separating families at the border, defrauding students at his university, welcoming Russia’s attack on our elections, attacking the press, attacking members of the judicial and legislative branches in order to control them, etc.
10. Trump uses lies, Fox News, and fake news. All that falls apart in a trial under oath. Get their damning testimonies on video and play clips around the clock. How many times have we seen Clinton’s “I did not have sexual relations with that woman”?
11. Impeachment may bring out more reason to examine his taxes and other financial documents.
12. Trump already convinced his base that Mueller exonerated him and it didn’t win over any Americans. A second “exoneration” will be meaningless. Everyone knows Republican senators won’t convict. Put them all on record supporting the president with the lowest approval ratings in modern history after the damning facts have been laid out. Republican and Independent supporters of the rule of law will turn against them. It will also hurt any chances of a Presidential run for any senators that vote to acquit.
13. Impeachment will be a game changer. It’s a household word, and it has only happened twice before. People that normally don’t pay attention will tune in just for the historical aspect. This will lead to greater support for impeachment as they learn the facts.
Real Estate, and Personal Injury Lawyers. Contact us at: https://westlakelegal.com